Training: "Domain Driven Overview"
Time: Monday 09:00 - 16:00
Location: Seacliff B
- Build your awareness of the basic concepts and value of Domain-Driven Design (DDD) in one day.
- Understand what DDD is and when and why it is valuable to software intensive organizations.
- Overview the basic principles and processes needed develop the useful sort of models, tie them into implementation and business analysis,
and place them within a viable, realistic strategy.
Any person seriously involved in software development, including developers, technical leaders, analysts, development managers and non-technical business experts.
Recommend some experience with projects developing complex software systems. Familiarity with iterative development processes.
Morning: Ubiquitous Language & Model Discovery
• What makes a model useful to a software project?
• Cultivation of a model-based language to connect domain experts, developers, and the code itself
• Exploratory interaction of technical and business people in the modeling process
• Aggregates: A taste of rigor. This pattern addresses, at the model level, the scaling of systems in complexity, performance, and distribution.
• Distilling the Core Domain: Focusing fine modeling and design into those subdomains where the organization distinguishes itself
• Clarifying a shared vision
• Context Mapping: A pragmatic approach to dealing with the diversity models and processes on real large projects with multi-team/multi-subsystem development.
• Combining the Core Domain and Context Map to illuminate Strategic Design options for a project